WP Forum Server
July 8, 2009 By vast Guru 4 comments
This WordPress plugin will add forum capability to your WordPress installation. WP Forum Server is much more than just a fork of the WP-Forum plugin. We have fixed many errors that existed for months; added a new theme; added 2.7/2.8 menus for a much more up-to-date look. Change a bit of the code around.>/p>
This is not just a renamed plugin. Our Forum Server is a fork of the flawed and outdated WP-Forums plugin. WP-Forums offers no support and the plugin had not been updated at the time our plugin was created.
For all install instructions and plugin information view this plugin’s readme page.
- Fixed bug: Incompatibility with FireStats plugin and possibly certain other plugins, the bug also could cause a lot of database errors
- Fixed bug: Duplicating topics due to plugin incompatibility with certain plugins
- Fixed bug: No post body inside the topic due to plugin incompatibility with certain plugins
- Fixed bug: BBCode content inside e-mail notifications
- Fixed bug: Closing a topic didn’t work as expected
- Fixed bug: sending e-mail notifications of your own replies when subscribed on topic
- Fixed bug: When subscribing to replies on topic, a blank screen was showing up
- “Unmake sticky” renamed to “Unstick” (for sticky topics)
- Fixed bug: Unstick function now works
- Fixed bug: search system now works
- Improved search system, now it searches in topic titles and can search in both titles and content
- Fixed bug: Email notifications were not sent in some cases
- New placeholder for inserting forum into WordPress page:
[ forumServer ] (no spaces) can be used instead of <!–VASTHTML–>
- Added admin ability to close a topic
- Added admin ability to move a topic
- Fixed bug with message width on narrow theme column
- Fixed bug with Google Analytics hiding message textarea
- Fixed bug when user manually changes url parameters
- The link to edit categories now works.
- Made a work around for those having trouble deleting categories.
- Link to FORUM in Breadcrumb
- Group Link and Group Page
- Fixed the blank page redirection stuff
- Code clean up
- Changed menu style to match WordPress 2.7+
- Changed all images to a more updated look
1.4 This version fixes a security related bug. Upgrade immediately.
Please use the support forums for all support questions.